why is kinnon like that?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

why is kinnon like that?

why does kinnon feel like he has to bully? and be so arrogant and condescending? it's disrespectful and looks BAD.....am i wrong here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiveof5. Show fiveof5's posts

Re: why is kinnon like that?

You are not wrong. He is always condescending and bully like. Clearly insecure, if he yells louder and makes people back down, no one can see all that he doesn't know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnoughAlreadyPlease. Show EnoughAlreadyPlease's posts

Is everyone on the council up for reelection this year?  Has anyone ever heard any rumblings of someone running against him?  I live in Ward 5 but the ramifications of this man's ego has an negative effect on everyone in the city.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Disagree with you folks as usual.  He asked specific questions regarding Response Times that affect his residents and particularly those who are elderly and the schools.  He asked if that was taken into consideration and if the Chief had a plan before he closed down.  The Chief looked dumbfounded and had not planned. The Chief had not considered this beforehand?  He was asked how the decision was made and why that same decision wasn't made last year when Overlook was closed instead of Maplewood.  I hope people do see this and listen it was driven by facts.  He got the answers.  The City let the building run down inside and the Department meanign the Chief notified nobody until this last month.  The Station should have moved years ago is the real answer or been renovated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

it was closed due to health reasons, not because he felt like it...he can only man the stations the city deems fit to have him man...so with maplewood closed for health reasons, overlook had to open...kinnon was commissioner before, he should already know the answers to the questions he was asking...i think it gets to a point when you keep telling someone about a situation and nothing is done, you stop saying something.....lastmaldenite apparently saw a different meeting that everyone else....shocking....you didnt pick up on his arrogant, condescending, disrespectful manner? really?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

there coming to take me away ha ha. Come on. There are no elderly on that side of town that had to wait for a longer response time? Bottom line, why rent when you have another station available. Why pay to fix something up that the city dosent own? As soon as the engines from Maplewood were out on a call and another call came in in Maplewood other engines from another company would have to respond which ALWAYS will increase response time. As usual, people who used to have faster times are not happy and people who had longer times now have faster times. Lets get a complete list as to what all residents in this city have for response times and see if it really makes that much of a difference. Bottom line, CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

LastMaldonite: Kinnon has been aware of the Maplewood area needing a new building since the day his school bought the building and rented it back to the city. He has done nothing as the ward 6 kounciler to get the fire station moved/built while working for the city. He has been helping his friend, the Mayor, not have to deal with this issue, all the while trying to secure field space for his school. What part of "conflict of interest" do you not get? Are you seriously that blinded or cowed by this man?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

HELLO....Are you up in the clouds? blinded or cowed?????  my last post does not support Kinnon or the Mayor. look up what  CONFLICT OF INTEREST meens and get back to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

MY APOLOGIZES TO MALDENREZIDENT.......I THOUGHT YOU WERE RESPONDING TO MY POST

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

None taken.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Even if the questions asked by Kinnon were reasonable, and I wish the chief could have answered some of them, Kinnon's attitude and demeanor is unacceptable in a public meeting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

the chief is not a great public speaker, most are not..and with  the tone of that "inquiry", i think anyone would have been unnerved..i was, and i was just sitting there...what questions were you referring to?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Questions regarding the quickes routes to farthest away neighborhoods, and the national standard response time formulas.  Believe me, I understand about not being a great public speaker and I do not expect that.  Maybe it threw him and he forgot- whatever the case, I just wish he had the answers so he could respond and not give any additional ammunition to Kinnon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

response times vary due to time of day, traffic and road construction, weather conditions among others....as for formulas...who uses them? if he was that concerned he would have known the answers, he was the fire commissioner once upon a time...oh wait, under his own admission, he did know that answers...seems he only wanted to embarrass the chief, but all he did was embarrass himself....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Going down I heard legitimate questions being asked by the person who represents his district and for the most part seems to have done a heck of a job getting money into his Ward.  I may not agree with some of the things he has gotten but its undeniable.  As for disrespect I heard him address the Chief the Deputy Chief and everyone else just as that.  The only disrespectfulness I saw from the crowd who I can only speculate they were since didn't see them much on the TV and wouldn't have probably knwon anyway.  The day people elected can't ask tough questions because some group doesn't like them is the day we are done for as a nation.  The Chief was not prepared for simple response time questions which he should know as that was at least one of the agenda items he acknowledged.   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

LastMaldenite: But Kinnon hasn't gotten the money that counted: a new fire station and the rest isn't that important now is it? A dog park and a raised crosswalk that Eileen Fay started the process on? The tot lot was improved thanks to a donation from the Highlands group in Mrs. Callahan's honor which was supposed to be built in the Highlands but couldn't due to regulations regarding making it handicapped accessible. Was that quid pro quo for Kinnon pushing for buying the High Rock land? Another backroom deal?  It never ends with this guy and the backroom deals. You don't think asking questions he had answers to, knowing the Chief didn't have them as a prepared package as Kinnon did, was meant to embarrass? Is this the "trap" you or your fellow kinnonites referred to on another post? I would say it blew up in your leader's face. He revealed himself to people who now know him for what and who he is: a bully, plain and simple. Shame on you, sir. And all of you who think Kinnon did a good job last night, shame on you as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

no disrespect? you clearly were at a different meeting than i......and...any person who asks questions they already know the answers to  is doing it for reasons other than gathering information, and it's shady.....he WAS the fire commissioner, he knows the deal...response times don't matter......no matter what the times are they are set in stone, there are only 3 stations to respond from...you really don't get that? really?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

...response times don't matter...

What??? Thats very important. Did I read that wrong?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

no, you just didn't understand it......response times cannot be changed, the problem area is maplewood obviously.....the trucks responding to that area will come from overlook or central station....nothing can be done to change that. or the time it takes to get there.....so you can talk all night about that it takes to long to get there, the fire dept. agrees with you, other than a station in maplewood, let me know any ideas on how to change that response time.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Repeal Kinnon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Malden Rez you can say what you want but the Maplewood folks know who has delivered not that it hasn't created some issues but give the devil his due.  Seniors Crosswalk nothing happened less than two years ago everyone knows who delivered it after years of people not getting it done and with lights.  Trafton Park all fixed up,  tot lot new and some help from the Joan Callahan fund but not a lot ask those people.  High Rock come on he stole the show on that one everybody new the development was a done deal thirty years of fighting and who pulled it off.  Im a Moose member been traveling Elwell in shamble for twenty years and always bad been up there lately.  Maplewood Square was a horror show four years ago and now its the best looking square in the city.  He was the Mayors pit bull for years and now he is Maplewoods.  Clearly not happy about losing a station and not being told what the plan was.  Polish?  probably not but always getting stuff done. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

so he put on a dog and pony show just to have the record show that the city council had nothing to do with the closing of maplewood, and to whine about not being told about it....in a nutshell, that's what the "meeting" amounted to.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

The wedding was beautiful.  The dress magnificent.  I could almost imagine them on a royal carriage ride to Far Far Away in the Land of Happily Ever After.
    Almost makes me forget how horrid a councilor we have in Kinnon.
    Ah well.  Back to reality...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

Here's a thought... I have been following and replying to these posts so it should be pretty clear where I sit on the station issue. With that said, every concerned citizen should ask D.F., G.C, and all the current councillors there take on the station closing and if they feel it is a conflict of interest with N.K. heading up this discussion. I will be doing this and this will help me decide who to elect and reelect back in. Just a thought.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Tax,  where is the conflict if the former Maplewood Station is closed to them and off the table?  I tend to doubt he will head up any discussion on this but if you ask any of the Councillors off the record who actually has the most knowledge about the subject well its pretty clear who that is.  Clearly his regard for the leadership of the Fire Department should prevent him from being the head of the discussion.  I would add this however if you are really into your taxes you better pray its not Deb Fallon as she has tied her hip to them and believes everything they say hook line and sinker.  You can bet one thing when it comes to the details and checking their validity they will go to one person and its not the person these blogs like.  Say what you want he is the one persont he Fire Dept dislikes the most as do many others because he is not afraid to call the question.  Doubt it if you like but ask any of his colleagues. 

Sections
Shortcuts