Green Line extension -- debacle or worth the wait?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddsuburbs. Show ddsuburbs's posts

Green Line extension -- debacle or worth the wait?

The state has announced a delay of at least three years for the Green Line exension. The best guess now is 2018. What are your thoughts on this latest news?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mediaguise. Show mediaguise's posts

Re: Green Line extension -- debacle or worth the wait?

Screw your extension! We'll build our own!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magpie02141. Show magpie02141's posts

It's a pity that such important work is subject to budget fluctuations and the seeming inability of the T to develop a workable plan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joe-Lynch. Show Joe-Lynch's posts

Within the past few days we've finally been told the federal govt is broke(no free cash that is).  The Commonwealth is also broke.  Although nobody in the current administration will say that.  The Governor is out peddaling his book, Murray is wondering if the corner office is such a good idea and the elected officials of Cambridge, Somerville and Medford don't have the backbone to proceed ahead with the long threatened law suit against the Commonwealth for breach of contract.

I hope the Feds deny every future application from the Commonwealth for transportation funding until the Green Line is built.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tr7. Show tr7's posts

I'd be much happier to see the pedestrian/bike path extended into Boston instead.  We don't need the Green Line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from baggelio. Show baggelio's posts

In Response to Re: Green Line extension -- debacle or worth the wait?:
    [QUOTE]I'd be much happier to see the pedestrian/bike path extended into Boston instead.  We don't need the Green Line.
    Posted by tr7[/QUOTE

We have paid enough money for bike paths which create traffic by taking away from driving lanes.  In the winter with all that snow do you ride your bike to wherever you go?  I doubt it, but I and thousands of others need the Green line to go to work, go to school, etc.  The Green line will bring in diversity which our city needs, will bring in businessess, will bring in life.  It's unfortunate that the majority of the taxpayers have to pay for the minority who ride their bikes.  I think the Commonwealth is loosing revenue by not ticketing bike riders when they do not obey traffic signs.  Now there is an idea to raise revenue to pay for your bike path! or how about a bake sale like schools have to educate our children.  Priorities!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Just an FYI, Malden officials opted for 2 orange line stops back in the 70's which definitly ruined our city....the only thing it brought in was crime, drugs, deterioration and the lowest of thugs we've ever seen. You can listen to the other side that states it will stimulate the economy but we lived it over here and again it ruined us. Don't turn into another Malden fight against it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantbreath. Show cantbreath's posts

Laure is right. Those of us who bought in Malden years ago regret it. Near the station we have all been robbed multiple times. They get off the T, make a couple hits, get back on the T and out of the area. 

Someone wrote that your property values will increase. That is what they thought in Malden. The developers and City hall will allow any variance. Big houses will become multi family. Old buildings taken down and multi dwellings put up cheap and fast. Historic neighborhood? It will be gone or dramtically changed. 

Malden is ruined and nothing will bring it back but I think this is the way of the future. People who care about neighborhoods and qaulity of life will have to move further away from the city. An ever expanding area will be filled with Mass Housing, low income, transients. 
    I am old enough to know that it used to be nice around here, even though not a wealthy area.