DayCare Recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jns343. Show jns343's posts

DayCare Recommendations

I'm looking for recommendations for school or home daycare in Melrose. I'd also be interested in recommendations for Pediatricians in Melrose as well. Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondezine. Show bostondezine's posts

Re: DayCare Recommendations

We have two kids  (2 and 4) in daycare at Kindercare in Stoneham and are mostly pleased with it. We were not pleased with how they handled our son when he was 12-18 months. But they have great hours, lots of activities for the kids - phsycial and mental and they take care of all the food. They are a little hyper about sending your kids home when they have a red spot on their bum, but I guess that is how all daycare centers are.

We looked at putting our 4yr old in the pre-school program in Melrose but its for only 9-2 (something like that) and we work all day. Plus its almost as expensive as full time daycare!

We also tried the YMCA in Stoneham for a summer (part of YMCA in Melrose) and our 3yr old loved it.

We visited Melrose Daycare and were n the waiting list but never took a spot when it came open. They are cheaper but it seems so sleepy compared to Kindercare - older caregivers, less activities, boring facilities.

We LOVE our pediatrician in Arlington and Medford - Alewife Brook Pediatrics in - Dr Pangburn. Its worth the drive!

-Dana

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from robsolomon. Show robsolomon's posts

In Response to DayCare Recommendations:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for recommendations for school or home daycare in Melrose. I'd also be interested in recommendations for Pediatricians in Melrose as well. Thanks.
    Posted by jns343[/QUOTE]

Dr. Jefffrey Feldman on Main St (1st floor of Melrose Place next to Dunkin Donuts) is outstanding.  He really cares about the kids and is exceptionally bright.  Easy to get ahold of off-hours too. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UseBrain. Show UseBrain's posts

My daughter has attended the Melrose YMCA daycare center in Stoneham since she was three months old.  She loves it and we do too.  Low teacher turnover, all kinds of activities, etc.
    I also recommend Oediatric Healthcare Associates.  I take my kids to the Peabody office, but they also have an office on Main Street.  Great doctors and they are open late at the Peabody office and have weekend hours as well. 
    Good luck in your search.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Not sure if you are still looking...but my kids are at Kindercare in Stoneham and I love them.  Pediatrician is Dr. D at Woburn Pediatrics and we love them too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparziale. Show sparziale's posts

My daughter attended the Melrose YMCA Daycare on Main Street.  I was very happy with the daycare.  My daughter is also special needs and had early intervention come in while she was at the day care...they handled it like pros!  I highly recommend it.  We also belong to Pediatric Health Care Association.  Her doc is Thomas Natale but now that my daughter is 6, we have seen everybody and love them all.  The hours are 9 to 9 every day!  See sites below, good luck!

http://www.melroseymca.org/child.htm

http://www.phcapediatrics.com/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Judgenot. Show Judgenot's posts

Dr. Gorlovky in wakefield is the best doctor I have ever come across. Wonderful staff, lovely office, plenty of availability, Both of my children have medical issues that need special attention and she is right there with followups and suggestion. SHe is earthy and open minded so she does not automatically go straight to meds and scripts. Just the best best best!!
    7812452203--call her!!!

Alicia M

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arloro. Show Arloro's posts

In Response to DayCare Recommendations:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for recommendations for school or home daycare in Melrose. I'd also be interested in recommendations for Pediatricians in Melrose as well. Thanks.
    Posted by jns343[/QUOTE]

I would recommend Melrose Montessori School right across from the public library.  My wife worked there when we lived in Boston.  Also, Dr. Fogle & Dr. Asch right near the high school/middle school.  They are a husband & wife team.  We still use them from Florida.  We have our kid's check up there in the summer when we visit.  She still answers all our questions when we call.  I can't say enough about them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steveo781. Show Steveo781's posts

Melrose Day Care - They have a great staff, but continue to penalize and alienate its best customers by imposing a late fee on invoices of $5 per day, this can add up.  We’ve been good customs of 2 children for five 
    years and have paid over $100k, all our bill arrive at the first of the month so we are a little tardy, and my wife lost her job 2 yrs. ago,  but have never NOT paid, seems short sited. For this reason alone I would not recommend the Center.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steveo781. Show Steveo781's posts

Melrose Day Care - They have a great staff, but continue to penalize and alienateits best customers by imposing a late fee on invoices of $5 per day, this canadd up.  We’ve been good customs of 2children for five 
    years and have paid over $100k, all our bill arrive at the firstof the month so we are a little tardy, and my wife lost her job 2 yrs. ago,  but have never NOT paid, seems short sited. Forthis reason alone I would not recommend the Center.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB101. Show KB101's posts

We have also been at Melrose Day Care Center for quite some time.  Our youngest is in the toddler room and our oldest is in 3rd grade now.  We have been extremely happy there with all the staff and how the Center is run.  If paying tuition on time, is the only negative, I am sure you would find that gripe with just about any child care center, private school, or college for that matter.  I highly recommend this child care program.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mom79. Show Mom79's posts

We've been a family at Melrose Day Care Center for over seven years and are extremely happy there.  Some of their staff is older and thus have lots of experience, but there are also many younger staff, some of whom are still in school.  They have just started a spanish program for the children that I am very excited about.  As for the late fee, in this economy who doesn't have a late fee.  Banks, credit cards, hospitals, doctors, everyone does.  They need it to survive. 

Mom79

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mom79. Show Mom79's posts

Re: Pediatrician

Woburn Pediatrics is a a great place to have for pediatricians.  There is an entire staff there and they are all great.

Mom79

Sections
Shortcuts