Debate over "Indian" in 4th July Parade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaddyWarbucks. Show DaddyWarbucks's posts

Debate over "Indian" in 4th July Parade

As a former resident of Needham (1945-99), I was appalled to see someone objected to Fred Muzi's multi-decade annual recognition of & tribute to the native Indians who granted the local lands SW of Boston to our colonial forebears, all on the misguided premise his appearance was  derogatory to minorities. Fred, a longstanding local businessman has contributed enormously & generously to the community for over 60 years.

Terry Crook, REALTOR & past Town Meeting Member for 28 yrs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrymaz. Show jerrymaz's posts

Re: Debate over "Indian" in 4th July Parade

In Response to Debate over "Indian" in 4th July Parade:
    [QUOTE]As a former resident of Needham (1945-99), I was appalled to see someone objected to Fred Muzi's multi-decade annual recognition of & tribute to the native Indians who granted the local lands SW of Boston to our colonial forebears, all on the misguided premise his appearance was  derogatory to minorities. Fred, a longstanding local businessman has contributed enormously & generously to the community for over 60 years. Terry Crook, REALTOR & past Town Meeting Member for 28 yrs.
    Posted by DaddyWarbucks[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrymaz. Show jerrymaz's posts

Re: Debate over "Indian" in 4th July Parade

God bless Fred Muzi.  I hope he continues his indian horse ride in full indian get up for many years to come.  If those "newcommers" ever visited Fred's office at Muzi Ford they would see first hand his love of indian culture in all the books and indian momentos he has there.  Better yet, if they had bothered to get to know Fred before mouthing off, they would know what a getleman he is, and what he does is with full respect to keep the indian culture alive in a very positive manner. I wonder if the couple with different last names put their money where there mouth is by buying american made cars.  Fred Muzi sells only ameican made cars.

Sections
Shortcuts