Should Setti Warren run for US Senate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddsuburbs. Show ddsuburbs's posts

Should Setti Warren run for US Senate?

Newton Mayor Setti Warren is considering a run for Senate. Should he do it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EJJN. Show EJJN's posts

Re: Should Setti Warren run for US Senate?

I'd rather see him finish out his first term as our mayor before beginning a campaign for anything else. This would give him time to negotiate more sustainable/affordable labor contracts which would go a long way toward getting our municipal fiscal affairs in order.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greer. Show Greer's posts

In Response to Should Setti Warren run for US Senate?:
    [QUOTE]Newton Mayor Setti Warren is considering a run for Senate. Should he do it?
    Posted by ddsuburbs[/QUOTE]

I, too, would prefer to see him focus on finishing out his first term.  However, I believe he has a right to pursue his ambitions, as long as he takes care of the responsibilities he's already committed to first.

To me, that means that should he decide to run, then he owes the Newton citizens a fulltime Mayor and should step down to allow us to elect a new Mayor who would give us his/her undivided attention for the next two years.

Campaigning for a statewide office will be a time consuming endeavor. Given the kind of community leader that he wants to be, he can not continue being the focused Newton Mayor, want family time and devote all his attention to the rest of the state all at the same time.

We've already seen a difference in his approach from previous mayors with regard to appearances at local community events which is understandable and acceptable given his young family.  However, would competing with a state-wide campaign meet with the same understanding?

I recommend our Mayor to consider what is best for Newton RIGHT NOW.  I hope he doesn't run.  But if he does, I hope he has the grace to step aside and let someone else be the devoted Mayor that we need.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WJ. Show WJ's posts

I don't even think he should run for Massachusetts Senate.  Setti was elected to do a job, which has by no means been done.

This state has seen people quiting their elected posts to assume others offices, or just taking time off while they campaigned for offices they never attained (Romney, Kerry, Coakley etc.).  In either case, the electorate suffers.  If Settie wants to make, what I consider a foolish move, then resign as Mayor and get us a full time person who cares about Newton.

None of Setti's nonsence that he can do more for Newton as A US Senator.  What is he pushing for, earmarks for Newton?  Forget it.  Do the job you were hired to do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcq. Show tcq's posts

Under Cohen the Newton streets have fallen apart.  Warren hasn't done anything to fix this.  Please run for Senate, Setti.  But vacate the mayor's office first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjsterman. Show jjsterman's posts

Is there any significance to the fact he announced his intentions on Israel Independence Day? Probably not...
    Can he name 5 accomplishments as Mayor of Newton?? Can someone help me out here?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjsterman. Show jjsterman's posts

@Greer
    He is not stepping aside for nothin...

Sections
Shortcuts