What do you think of Setti Warren's decision to run for Senate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thebluetruth. Show thebluetruth's posts

Re: What do you think of Setti Warren's decision to run for Senate?

Unlike SEN Brown, Setti actually served overseas as a mobolized reservist.  Funny how SEN Brown never was mobolized even though at least75% of Mass NG were.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notoneofdem. Show notoneofdem's posts

Nothing to see here, keep moving.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seagator. Show Seagator's posts

I hope he does not spend too much money. I think,for on ce, MA will come to its senses and r-elect Brown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesmarine. Show jamesmarine's posts

Yes "the blue truth" Setti was in Iraq in a secured perimeter with no chance of personal harm.  But John Kerry got him into the Navy and did he even go to boot camp or OCS.  Check his military records this seems suspect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel-MA. Show Joel-MA's posts

Setti Who???

Laughing so hard I just can't stand it.  Bring it on! Of course, you'll need to get more than just the liberals in Boston-Newton-Somerville to vote for you.

Hey Setti, why don't you tell us how much Federal welfare dole you'll bring to the Bay State. That should help cement your postion (as a loser) with the independent voters who will decide the election outcome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PD47. Show PD47's posts

Sure we need another out of control liberal who does not know what a budget is.  How much did that High School cost?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newtreader. Show newtreader's posts

Prove yourself first.  You have done nothing so far (a made up job in homeland security for 8 months and a mayor for 2 years don't qualify you to be a US senator)).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JL521. Show JL521's posts

I think he's just another liberal d0uchebag that won't get elected.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sloopjohnb2. Show sloopjohnb2's posts

Another great day for Scott Brown.  The moonbats are making it easy for his re-election.  Let's have a few more announce such as Barney Frank and Capuano.  These guys are a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from baijan. Show baijan's posts

Absolutely, NO.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from richma. Show richma's posts

I think its -  great I pretty sure he will know if he got a (secret)  breifing or was just looking at the internet

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul2845. Show paul2845's posts

He will raise a lot of money because the President will come stump for him.  Money talks, so it will be closer than many here apparently think.

Substantively, he is a lightweight - he has no more business holding a Senate seat than....Scott Brown!!

When are we all going to wake up and realize that the inmates are running the asylum - Republicans, Democrats and Tea Partiers.  The general rule of thumb you can apply is that ANY person who has spent their life in state, local or federal elected office is a hack and not someone you'd want to watch your kids, let alone your money.

THROW THE BUMS OUT - ALL OF THEM!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rollman66. Show rollman66's posts

Moonbat deluxe

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skiph56. Show skiph56's posts

I have met Setti Warren and he is nice, smart and capable. That being said, he is about as well known as Scott Brown was.  He could possibly become a formidable candidate for he is well spoken and knowledgeable.

Will he catch on and become accepted across the Commonwealth is yet to be seen.

It all boils down to grassroots campaign.  I think Scott Brown has done a good job so far, but the jury is still out on the next campaign.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kpb1972. Show kpb1972's posts

Setti, cool your jets.  Learn how to be a Mayor first.  In all seriousness, please fix the potholes-I know someone else has already said that but they are usually fixed by now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from staprel. Show staprel's posts

....Bad news....Setti should try to accomplish a few goals he established as a Newton Mayor Candidate!  To date, our infrastructure is terrible - have you driven through Newton lately without encountering a huge pot-hole?  don't think so, the public school class sizes continues to increase, & Setti won't support Newton Public employees joining the state GIC health care program to lower health-care costs b/c he wants their support for his senatorial campaign...Scott Brown is a rock star compared to this guy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from saint549. Show saint549's posts

Brown went to the Senate and did everything he said he would do to vote for whats in the best interests of Mass Residents.  Yet, the idiots in this state would rather have a liberal than someone that is voting to better the state.  Maybe you idiots can vote another Barney Frank into office.  Ask Fall River and New Bedford what he has done for them.  ZERO...  This is why these cities are in poverty with their hands out sucking from the system.  Brown is doing a great Job focusing on whats important like creating jobs in MASS.  Go to work people and stop with the policys forcing our companies to move overseas and to other states. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from XeenaLuLu. Show XeenaLuLu's posts

I am far from being considered a "conservative", but it looks like Warren has set his sights on a political career and to be among the powerful elite. We've had far to much of this for far too long.

We have to stop electing these types of individuals to our government or nothing will change. He will play the song that has been overplayed.

Disappointing....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chas3512. Show chas3512's posts

Mayor Warren should concentrate on the job that he was elected for.  If his ambitions are for higher office then he should resign and run.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustTheFacts728. Show JustTheFacts728's posts

While not unexpected, it is a very disappointing decision and a poor one.  Running for the Senate is a full-time job as is being mayor during these difficult times.  No way he can do both jobs as he says. He's lost credibility with me.

Setti has shown great promise as mayor but two years isn't a long enough track record.  His resume needs some substance.

He won't get the nomination as others have greater name recognition and more money and it will take a deep war chest to defeat Scott Brown. 

Setti's decision will probably put an end to his political career as his Newton supporters, including me, won't re-elect him when he seeks a second term as mayor.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from samoy2e. Show samoy2e's posts

I think he should wait and be just the mayor for a couple of terms and than think of running for senator.  It is just too soon for him.

But I am not going to vote for Brown at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlval. Show rlval's posts

Why do Democrats running against Brown always bring up his Republican voting record as if it is a bad thing? What do these liberals want, everyone, Democrates, Independents and Republicans voting lock step with the Democratic agenda, as if the Democratic party has it all figured out? We need the power of both parties to be kept in check, with no one party gaining full control. Having the playing field seriously tilted in favor of a single party is terribly bad business for this country. So there is nothing wrong with Senator Brown's voting record, its exactly what is called for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProperBostonian. Show ProperBostonian's posts

As a citizen of Newton, I support Setti's decision 100%.  The state and the country needs Setti more then Newton needs him. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlineGlobeReader. Show OnlineGlobeReader's posts

What a waste!  Let him stay in Newton and do for that community what he promises to do for the state.  Serve a few terms before looking to jump ship.  Such the opportunist...............

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liberal-Bostonian. Show Liberal-Bostonian's posts

It makes little difference because he won't get the Democratic nomination. Or at least I'm pretty sure he won't. That said I'll support the eventual Democratic nominee over six more years of an additional Senate vote for party of Voldemort. I echo the calls above for Elizabeth Warren to get in the race. I wouldn't mind seeing Markey or Capuano run, either.

Sections
Shortcuts