Fun Things To Do In Quincy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oceanlover100. Show oceanlover100's posts

Fun Things To Do In Quincy

We've been talking about why we love Quincy.  Let's share suggestions about fun things to do in our city.  Does anyone have any favorite beaches besides Wollaston?  Any favorite breakfast places? Etc...

These are some things I like to do in Quincy:
    1.  Visit the Adams Historical Sites (the most recognizable one being the mansion on Adams Street).  A season pass is only $10 and is good for admitting 4 adults to all 3 sites, all season long with no limits.  Kids under 16 visit the sites for free.  If you have a lot of visiting friends and relatives over the summer, this is a great deal.  It doesn't get boring because there's SO MUCH to learn.  Great if you are a history buff.

2.  Going for icecream at Marina Bay.  I can't remember the name of the icecream place (sorry!) but it's on the boardwalk right by Freedom Boat Club at Marina Bay.  The icecream is TASTY and you can sit at a table and have an awesome skyline view.

Thank you for sharing what you like to do in Quincy. Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NSTeach. Show NSTeach's posts

Re: Fun Things To Do In Quincy

It's fun to go up to the golf course by the quarries for the view of downtown Boston, especially at night.

Also going to Nut Island at the end of Sea St.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

@oceanlover100: You're on my list of favorite people for starting thread :-) My mom is coming to town in a few weeks, and her No. 1 request is some historical stops. Adams Mansion is now on my list. Thanks for that. When you remember the name of the ice cream place, let me know. I love love love ice cream.

@NSTeach: That sounds like a great view!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Hey if your going for icream. You will have to take it to go if you want a nice view like the one at Marina Bay.

But Dairy Freeze on Adams St is a classic in Quincy. You know the season by when they open and close.

2 great spots for breakfast in Quincy I go to are MaKays in Quincy Center right near the John Adams birth place site. Outstanding food and always busy. Get there early. The homefries are the best around.

The other is O.B.'s on Billings in North Quincy. Great cup a coffee here too.  Smaller then McKays but still good.

One other place is The Wheelhouse Diner. But I haven't been there since I was a kid. But it is a Quincy classic. And it's still there so it must be doing something right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Wallaston Beach is looking good these days.  The bakery behind the police station is very good, the name slips my mind, sorry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Went to JNJ Turo-Turo a few Sarturdays back, on Water Street.  Fillipino food, very good and not expensive.  Get the halo halo for dessert.

From there walk a few minutes to purefections for great chocolate.  When the warmer weather gets here, across the street from purefections is the Quincy Creamer for great ice cream.

Sections
Shortcuts