Dogs at Widow's Walk Golf Course

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from towndump. Show towndump's posts

Dogs at Widow's Walk Golf Course

Last weekend's (March 6-7) warm weather brought hundreds of dogs and their owners to Widow's Walk.  They were generally well behaved, but some should not be out there.

Many dogs were not leashed, which is OK if they don't run up to people and slobber all over them. (Why would I want my freshly laundered pants to get covered with dog saliva?  Why do you, dog owner, assume that I won't mind your animal rushing me and getting its juices all over my clothes? Why don't you control and leash your dog?)

Clearly, some owners don't control their animals. Witness the dog excrements all over the golf course, including on the greens. Several greens had damage from people and animals playing on them. The fourth green had a 3-foot-square area ripped up; it looked like a dog or dogs had been allowed to dig into the green, creating a crater in the sod.

Dog owners, why don't you leash and control your animals?  And why is the town allowing this to happen? How about some fines, to help out the town coffers? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyb66. Show paulyb66's posts

Re: Dogs at Widow's Walk Golf Course

Right on!  What the hell is so hard about bringing a plastic bag and putting the dog po-op in a trash can. These people are just crappy owners! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HIPPOTODDOMUS. Show HIPPOTODDOMUS's posts

Why bring a bag, pick up the pooh, then through the bag on the ground full of pooh?  I know its no fun carrying a bag of pooh around but you need to do what you need to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coastalRN. Show coastalRN's posts

I am sorry to hear that this is happening.  As a proud and responsible dog owner I can't understand for the life of me why people don't clean up after their dogs.  It gives us responsible owners a bad reputation and ruins it for the owners that do pick up and are responsible with their dogs.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmcworld. Show kmcworld's posts

They should also do something about all the bad scores at that course. Consider widening the fairways and leveling some of those hills.

Sections
Shortcuts