commuting from waltham to boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ekg123. Show ekg123's posts

commuting from waltham to boston

We are considering buying a house in Waltham, but we have questions about the commute into downtown Boston.  Specifically, does anyone know how available parking is in the morning at the Waltham commuter rail station (on Carter st)?  What time do the spots fill up in the morning?  I'd appreciate any thoughts/insights!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: commuting from waltham to boston

I'm not sure about how early the spaces on Carter Street fill up, but there is a large city parking garage behind the block opposite City Hall that never gets full, so it would only be a 3 minute walk. 

(There's also the 505 Express Bus to Downtown..)

HTH....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 9Crescent. Show 9Crescent's posts

Re: commuting from waltham to boston

I live in the Warrendale neighborhood and commute to downtown Boston.  When I drive, the trip is about 20-40 mins at 8:30 am, depending on traffic, but usually less than 30 mins.  Driving home can sometimes be a little longer, but not much. 

I take the commuter rail on occasion and parking is not that bad.  I live off of Main Street, so I sometimes walk to Main street and take the bus to the train station.  The 505 bus is better than the train in my opinion.

Another trick is to drive to Watertown, park in the street or at Stop & Shop and jump on the 504 bus from there.  The bus is direct and fast, and cheaper than the 505 because it is a different zone.

I know that I only narrowly addressed your question, but I hope this info helps.