Elementary schools?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teaperson. Show teaperson's posts

Elementary schools?

I'm thinking of moving to Waltham. Do any of the schools have better reputations than other ones?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jay-mor. Show jay-mor's posts

Elementary schools?

I think Fitzgerald and MacArthur have the best reputations of the schools in Waltham. My kids went to Northeast. I have been very happy with the school especially the teachers who I think are fabulous. All the new schools are beautiful.

Waltham will never excel when it comes to test scores. It is impossible to expect kids who are just learning english to take a full test in their second language. But I have found all my kids teachers to be great, and my kids do well on the MCAS, and they are (generally) happy with school which is what is important to me.

Go to the playgrounds (if it ever warms up) and talk to the parents in your area, that is the best way to get the scoop on the schools.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 9Crescent. Show 9Crescent's posts

Elementary schools?

Teaperson,

Great question. I am new to Waltham and have the same question. I live in the Fitzgerald School area and have heard good things about the school. The new building just opened this school year. I would love to hear feedback from Fitzgerald school parents about the teachers, the building, administration, etc... I am also interested in knowing how the Fitzgerald school compares to the city's other schools.

Sections
Shortcuts