Famous folks from Wellesley?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndrewTran. Show AndrewTran's posts

Famous folks from Wellesley?

What do you think of our list of celebrities who grew up or spent some time in Wellesley? 

Does someone not deserve to be on this list because they weren't around long enough? Did we lean too much on Wellesley College graduates? 

Did we forget anyone? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlennPringle. Show GlennPringle's posts

Re: Famous folks from Wellesley?

Really stretching the truth here---Swellesley is snob heaven.Wellesley college grads make the list? How about a certain columnist/talk show host? The town is full of contractors/landscapers from 7am--4pm doing the work the rich provide. I worked in a home in Wellesley recently and the woman who owned the  rather large residence was on the phone trying to hire someone to wash the dishes on Thanksgiving! The caterer would not do the dishes!That is a crisis in Swellesley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fairnsquare. Show fairnsquare's posts

Like the Newton list, there are very few minorities represented.

Why Newton and Wellesley, and not Evert, Chelsea, Brockton, etc.? Do "Famous folks" only come from these snobby rich towns? Won't "Famous folks" coming from poorer blue collar towns be more inspiring and meanful?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndrewTran. Show AndrewTran's posts

It's an ever-evolving list of towns. 

If there aren't enough minorities on these lists it's only because they haven't been brought to our attention. They haven't shown up on other lists we've seen that currently exist. These are big towns and our archive doesn't cover everyone. This is our attempt at building a more comprehensive list.

People have been using our 'Who did we forget' link to let us know and we've been dilligent at adding them when we can confirm them. We're doing all this while building other galleries for other towns that will be released in the future. So it's probably not as fast as eveyone would like. 

Thanks for the feedback.

In Response to Re: Famous folks from Wellesley?:
    [QUOTE]Like the Newton list, there are very few minorities represented. Why Newton and Wellesley, and not Evert, Chelsea, Brockton, etc.? Do "Famous folks" only come from these snobby rich towns? Won't "Famous folks" coming from poorer blue collar towns be more inspiring and meanful?
    Posted by fairnsquare[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CM4DH. Show CM4DH's posts

For true town spirit, we need to select a graduate of Wellesley High especially from the tumultuous year of 1968.   And speaking of spirit, how about an acolyte from St Andrew's Episcopal Church?
    That puts Billy Squier front and center as the town spiritual advisor, just check out the lyrics to "Too Daze Gone".

DC from WHS class of 1969 and St. A's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbvader. Show dbvader's posts

There isn't an LDS church in Wellesley.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndrewTran. Show AndrewTran's posts

Thanks for letting us know. Just adjusted that part.

[QUOTE]There isn't an LDS church in Wellesley.
    Posted by dbvader[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CM4DH. Show CM4DH's posts

Along with Curt Gowdy, how about listing Ned Martin?  31 continuous years of broadcasting the Bosox (longer than anyone else) and he lived in Wellesley throughout that time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from llayam. Show llayam's posts

I had to look up Ari Graynor and even then, not impressed.

You put a character actress on your list and left out Biz Stone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

Unless I missed something, I'm shocked, shocked you didn't include Howie Carr.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndrewTran. Show AndrewTran's posts

Hi folks, we added Carr and Stone a couple hours ago. 

[QUOTE]Unless I missed something, I'm shocked, shocked you didn't include Howie Carr.
    Posted by cp77[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

JaneCurtin She and her family went to St. Paul's RC church when I lived in Wellesley. She was in a Boston play called "The Propositon" at the time. Also the coach of the Pats from 69 to 70 Clive Rush. He is the one who had a nervous breakdown at halftime of a game. A few months after that he nearly smashed my mother's car when he ran a red light.

Sections
Shortcuts