Noise regulations?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCNewsEditor. Show BDCNewsEditor's posts

Noise regulations?

Former Selectman David Himmelberger is preparing a proposed bylaw for Town Meeting later this month that would prohibit the use of engine-powered equipment for construction or yard work before 7 a.m. on weekdays, before 8 a.m. on Saturdays, and before 9 a.m. on Sundays. The regulation would also prohibit use of such equipment after sunset on any day.

What do you think about his proposal?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmac343. Show dmac343's posts

Noise regulations?

The real issue is decibel level. Many communities have limited the decidel levels of leaf blowers, and eventually we will, too. Some communities have restricted the use of leaf blowers to the fall, when there are leaves. Why not initiate this process now in David Himmelberger's proposal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmifm. Show dmifm's posts

Re: Noise regulations?

The real issue is decibel level. Many communities have limited the decidel levels of leaf blowers, and eventually we will, too. Some communities have restricted the use of leaf blowers to the fall, when there are leaves. Why not initiate this process now in David Himmelberger's proposal?
    Posted by dmac343

noise  levels regs are useless. Who is going to respond and measure levels. Just listen to cars with radios that anbe heard a mile away:) Where, at what distance, is the noise monitored?

Time restrictions have some chance of getting enforced.

It is the sounds generated by the blowers a drive me batty they range from a high pitched wine to a loud roar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chloesmommy. Show chloesmommy's posts

What about modified mufflers on motorcycles and obnoxious boom box car radios?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LLTyrrell. Show LLTyrrell's posts

As long as I can use my snow blower after dark I have no complaints.