What do you love about Westwood?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanisGayle. Show JanisGayle's posts

Re: What do you love about Westwood?

As a longtime Westwood resident I've seen how this town has evolved. Today we have Chiara Bistro, an upscale restaurant, plus Vello's which is operated by a home-grown Westwood. Bubbling Brook Ice Cream packs in the crowds. Starbucks is a favorite local spot to sit on the deck and meet friends. Hale Reservation has a summer day camp, Membership Beach for swimming, hiking trails, is dog-friendly off season. There's a Tot Lot and a separate Playground, new High School with an indoor swimming pool, a booming Recreation Department.
    Westwood is the second youngest town in MA. Schools are top-notch and we keep them that way. Close to commuter rail, shops, Boston and Providence, good blend of new and older homes. Basically, I love the quality of life in Westwood and its convenient geographical location.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtalinm. Show mtalinm's posts

Re: What do you love about Westwood?

it's a great town with no attitude. lots of people don't know where it is, and I like it that way. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hito. Show hito's posts

We are considering looking at Westwood to move. I am not familar with it, but from your post it sounds great. We have two gir...

In Response to Re: What do you love about Westwood?:
    As a longtime Westwood resident I've seen how this town has evolved. Today we have Chiara Bistro, an upscale restaurant, plus Vello's which is operated by a home-grown Westwood. Bubbling Brook Ice Cream packs in the crowds. Starbucks is a favorite local spot to sit on the deck and meet friends. Hale Reservation has a summer day camp, Membership Beach for swimming, hiking trails, is dog-friendly off season. There's a Tot Lot and a separate Playground, new High School with an indoor swimming pool, a booming Recreation Department. Westwood is the second youngest town in MA. Schools are top-notch and we keep them that way. Close to commuter rail, shops, Boston and Providence, good blend of new and older homes. Basically, I love the quality of life in Westwood and its convenient geographical location.
    Posted by JanisGayle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hongju. Show hongju's posts

Re: We are considering looking at Westwood to move. I am not familar with it, but from your post it sounds great. We have two...

In Response to We are considering looking at Westwood to move. I am not familar with it, but from your post it sounds great. We have two girls (middle and elementary school) so schools are very important. The older one loves basketball - how is the sports programs? Also:
    In Response to Re: What do you love about Westwood? :
    Posted by hito

Westwood high school girls basketball team is on the top-notch in among the state high schools.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hito. Show hito's posts

Re: We are considering looking at Westwood to move. I am not familar with it, but from your post it sounds great. We have two...

Thank you - we will definately look into it - do you know if they have programs for basketball for middle school and elementary school?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts