What do you love about Westwood?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanisGayle. Show JanisGayle's posts

Re: What do you love about Westwood?

As a longtime Westwood resident I've seen how this town has evolved. Today we have Chiara Bistro, an upscale restaurant, plus Vello's which is operated by a home-grown Westwood. Bubbling Brook Ice Cream packs in the crowds. Starbucks is a favorite local spot to sit on the deck and meet friends. Hale Reservation has a summer day camp, Membership Beach for swimming, hiking trails, is dog-friendly off season. There's a Tot Lot and a separate Playground, new High School with an indoor swimming pool, a booming Recreation Department.
    Westwood is the second youngest town in MA. Schools are top-notch and we keep them that way. Close to commuter rail, shops, Boston and Providence, good blend of new and older homes. Basically, I love the quality of life in Westwood and its convenient geographical location.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtalinm. Show mtalinm's posts

it's a great town with no attitude. lots of people don't know where it is, and I like it that way. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hito. Show hito's posts

We are considering looking at Westwood to move. I am not familar with it, but from your post it sounds great. We have two gir...

In Response to Re: What do you love about Westwood?:
    As a longtime Westwood resident I've seen how this town has evolved. Today we have Chiara Bistro, an upscale restaurant, plus Vello's which is operated by a home-grown Westwood. Bubbling Brook Ice Cream packs in the crowds. Starbucks is a favorite local spot to sit on the deck and meet friends. Hale Reservation has a summer day camp, Membership Beach for swimming, hiking trails, is dog-friendly off season. There's a Tot Lot and a separate Playground, new High School with an indoor swimming pool, a booming Recreation Department. Westwood is the second youngest town in MA. Schools are top-notch and we keep them that way. Close to commuter rail, shops, Boston and Providence, good blend of new and older homes. Basically, I love the quality of life in Westwood and its convenient geographical location.
    Posted by JanisGayle

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hongju. Show hongju's posts

Re: We are considering looking at Westwood to move. I am not familar with it, but from your post it sounds great. We have two...

In Response to We are considering looking at Westwood to move. I am not familar with it, but from your post it sounds great. We have two girls (middle and elementary school) so schools are very important. The older one loves basketball - how is the sports programs? Also:
    In Response to Re: What do you love about Westwood? :
    Posted by hito

Westwood high school girls basketball team is on the top-notch in among the state high schools.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hito. Show hito's posts

Re: We are considering looking at Westwood to move. I am not familar with it, but from your post it sounds great. We have two...

Thank you - we will definately look into it - do you know if they have programs for basketball for middle school and elementary school?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Bubbling Brook is awesome but a little too far into Westwod for non residents.  Cafe Diva is great for breakast and yes, there is something special about the local starbucks.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts