We had a bit of a glitch in the January contest, folks, which is why I delayed posting the Top 10 winners for you to guess. I had to disqualify the 2nd place finisher because he didn't take his photo during the month of January 2011.
The photographer feels very badly about his oversight, and promises he will read the rules more carefully for future contests.
So I moved the 3rd place photo by Simone Brogini of Quincy into 2nd place, moved a photo by Lynn Cianfarani of Saratoga Springs, NY that had come very close to being the 3rd place finisher into that slot, and added a photo by Jenny Villone of Cambridge from the Final 25 to the group of 7 Honorable Mentions that was close to being included during the judging.
Some time today I will post the individual entries so you can start guessing. A few guidelines:
* Please don't cheat by trying to find the photos on the photographers' Flickr accounts. That's not good sportsmanship.
* If you are one of the finalists, please don't tip off a friend or neighbor about your photo. I know these RAW insulated mugs are like gold, but please play fair.
* Finalists are welcome to guess on each other's photos.
* You can guess on as many of the 10 photos as you like, but only one guess per person per photo.
* Be as specific as possible. The difference between winning a valuable RAW mug or not may be how well you described what you think the photo is.
Sorry to have to sound like a scold, but past experience makes it necessary, I'm afraid. With that out of the way, I'll get to work on posting the photos so you can have at it!
This blogger might want to review your comment before posting it.
JOIN THE RAW DAWGS
Life and wildlife in Madagascar