Many were shocked when Brad Pitt was attacked by Ukrainian journalist Vitalii Sediuk at the May 28 Hollywood premiere for “Maleficent.”
Sediuk jumped over a barrier and allegedly “rushed” Angelina Jolie’s fiance before being dragged away by security guards and arrested on misdemeanor battery charges.
Now USA Today reports that Sediuk appears to be a repeat red carpet offender.
So, just who is this guy?
Sediuk, 25, has been causing a ruckus among the stars ever since he moved to L.A. from Ukraine in 2012. According to TMZ, Sediuk set out to be an actor, but apparently he’s settled for grabbing headlines as a professional prankster.
Currently, ABC reports that Sediuk claims to work for “Studio 1+1,” a website and channel in Ukraine.
It’s unclear what motivates the reporter, but he has repeatedly crashed award shows, invaded celebs’ personal space, and worn crazy costumes.
Here’s a list of some of Sediuk’s wildest moments:
1. At the May 2014 Cannes Film Festival, Sediuk crawled beneath America Ferrera’s gown, causing the “Ugly Betty” star to look shocked and embarrassed.
2. In January 2014, Sediuk went to the SAG Awards and did a weird “crotch hug” with Bradley Cooper. The “Silver Linings Playbook” star was good-natured about the weird incident and laughed it off.
3. Sediuk struck again in February 2013, this time at the Grammy Awards. The reporter jumped onstage with Adele when she received her “best solo performance” award. Presenter Jennifer Lopez threw him some serious shade, and he was jailed overnight.
4. In February 2013, Sediuk tried to crash the Oscars wearing a Bjork-esque swan dress and holding a bucket of fake Oscars. He was removed by police.
5. In May 2012, Sediuk tried to kiss “Men in Black 3” star Will Smith on the lips at the film’s Moscow premiere. Smith shoved Sediuk and said, “What the hell is your problem, man?”
6. In September 2011, Sediuk tried to give Madonna a bouquet of her least-favorite flowers: Hydrangeas. She was overheard telling her assistant, “I absolutely loathe Hydrangeas.”
It’s a mystery as to what Sediuk will do next, but regardless, we can’t seem to look away.Justine Hofherr can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her @Jhofherr29