In case you couldn't tell, we can barely get a hold of our excitement for Baz Luhrmann's
upcoming adaptation of "The Great Gatsby." The film's soundtrack, featuring everyone from Jay-Z (who also penned the score for the movie) to Jack White to Florence and the Machine, was revealed yesterday with a new extended trailer which has us bubbling over with fashion inspiration. "Gatsby" comes to theaters May 10 and the soundtrack drops May 7. Until then, here are our 11 favorite fashion moments so far:
1. Because only Jay Gatsby can pull off a pink pinstripe suit.
2. Daisy's absolutely jaw-dropping rhinestone-encrusted dress and headpiece.
3. Another one for Daisy: Lavender lace with petal embellishments.
4. Jay tossing his shirts over the balcony of his closet is completely classic.
5. Daisy's major fox stole.
6. Fine jewels created exclusively for the film by Tiffany & Co. finally get to shine.
7. Lavender. Lace. Finger-less. Gloves.
8. This is what I wear when my boyfriend tries to teach me how to play golf, too.
9. And this is what he wears.
10. We know Tom is evil, but his riding boots are kind of fabulous.
11. But in the end, these people remain the best dressed characters in the film.