|3||cups mini salted pretzels|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|½||cup (1 stick) unsalted
butter, cold and cut into pieces
|2||cups light brown sugar|
|1||cup creamy peanut butter|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|Kosher salt (for
2. Break up pretzels by hand into small pieces, without crushing them (about 6 pieces per pretzel, with as much of the crunchy outside layer intact as possible).
3. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and pretzel pieces.
4. In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, if you have one, or the whisk, cream the butter and sugar until fully combined. Add the peanut butter and blend on medium speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of bowl.
5. With mixer on medium speed, add eggs one at time, and vanilla. Turn the speed to medium-high. Beat for 2 minutes more.
6. With the mixer set on low speed, beat in the flour mixture to incorporate most of it. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and finish mixing by hand. The dough will be sticky.
7. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.
8. Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon (make it heaping), form cookies into balls, then flatten slightly into disks with the palm of your hand (about 1½ inches in diameter, ½ inch thick). Sprinkle tops generously with kosher salt.
9. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through, or until golden. Cool on wire racks. Adapted from Cow & Crumb