|⅓||cup sliced almonds|
|5||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||medium carrots, thinly sliced on a diagonal|
|⅓||cup golden raisins|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||head Boston lettuce,
separated into leaves
|⅓||cup fresh mint leaves|
|4||radishes, thinly sliced|
|1||crisp apple, halved, cored, and cut into thin slices or strips and tossed with
1 tablespoon lemon juice
|¼||cup chopped fresh parsley leaves|
|8||ounces halloumi cheese, cut into ¼-inch-thick
1. In a large dry skillet, toast the almonds, tossing constantly, for 5 minutes or until they are lightly golden; set aside to cool.
2. Wipe out the skillet and set it over medium heat. Add ½ tablespoon olive oil. When it is hot, add the carrots and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in the raisins. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. (Don’t wash the skillet.)
3. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, tahini, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of the oil.
4. On a serving platter, place the lettuce and mint. Top with radishes, apple, the carrot mixture, and parsley. Spoon enough of the tahini mixture over the salad to lightly coat it. Toss gently.
5. In the skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 1½ tablespoons of oil. Add the halloumi and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Turn the slices and cook 2 minutes more or until the undersides are golden. Place the halloumi on top of the salad. Sprinkle with almonds. Adapted from Tatte Bakery & Cafe