|Oil (for the pan)|
|¼||cup vegetable oil|
|1||tablespoon kosher salt|
|½||teaspoon black pepper|
|8||medium Yukon Gold or Yellow Finn potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed, cut into 1½-inch chunks|
|2||medium onions, quartered|
1. Set the oven at 375 degrees. Oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place a large strainer in the kitchen sink.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, flour, salt, and pepper.
3. In a food processor, working in batches, place some of the potatoes and pulse the mixture until finely chopped, almost to a pulp. Scrape into the strainer. Repeat with the remaining potatoes. Using your hands, press down on the potatoes in the strainer to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Add the potatoes to the egg mixture.
4. Add the onions to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the onions to the potato mixture and stir well.
5. Transfer the potato mixture to the baking dish. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares. Adapted from Susan Ebert