|1||small shallot, finely chopped|
1. In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise until smooth.
2. Add the pesto and shallot; set aside.
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||small red bell pepper, cored,seeded, and coarsely chopped|
|1||shallot, finely chopped|
|1||pound cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|½||teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|1⅓||cups panko breadcrumbs|
1. Line a baking sheet with parchmentpaper.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat ½ tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the bell pepper and shallot. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes; set aside to cool.
3. In a bowl, combine shrimp, bell pepper mixture, egg, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir in ⅓ cup panko.
4. Form the mixture into 8 balls and flatten them with your palms into cakes. Place on the baking sheet. If some of the cakes seem too wet, add more panko to hold them together. Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
5. On a plate, spread the remaining panko. Coat each side of the cakes with panko and return to the baking sheet. If necessary, reshape cakes back into their original form with your hands.
6. In the skillet over medium-high, heat the remaining 1½ tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shrimp cakes. Cook for 3 minutes, turn, and cook the other sides for 3 minutes more. Serve with pesto remoulade. Molly Kravitz