Makes 18 sliders or enough to serve 6
|Canola oil (for the pan)|
|⅓||of a turkey meatloaf|
|6||ounces cheddar, thinly sliced|
|1||cup sauteed onions|
|8||pieces roasted red pepper, thinly sliced|
|5||tablespoons butter, at room
|18||soft, eggy dinner rolls, halved
horizontally and toasted
|Extra barbecue sauce (for serving)|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Oil a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Slice meatloaf into 18 thin slices approximately the size of your dinner rolls. Lay the meatloaf on the baking sheet. Layer cheddar on each slice. Place a small pile of onions and peppers on top of the cheese.
3. Warm in the oven for 12 minutes or until cheese melts and meatloaf is heated through.
4. Brush the cut sides of the rolls with butter. Set them on another baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes or until starting to brown.
5. Layer meatloaf, veggies, and a small spoonful of barbecue sauce on the bottom halves of the rolls. Cover each with a top. Serve 3 sliders to each person with pickles and coleslaw. Karoline Boehm Goodnick