|Butter (for the dish)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1/2||pound wide, flat egg noodles|
|12||ounces canned tuna in water, drained and flaked|
|6||ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (to make 2 cups)|
|1||cup heavy cream|
|1/4||cup creme fraiche or sour cream|
|1||cup frozen peas|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh chives|
|1/4||green bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|2||tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|2||thick slices French or Italian bread, ground to crumbs in a food processor|
2. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the noodles according to package directions or until they are tender but still have some bite. Drain them into a colander, then tip them into a large bowl.
3. Add the tuna to the noodles and toss gently.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cheese, heavy cream, creme fraiche or sour cream, mayonnaise, peas, onion, chives, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring, for 7 minutes or until smooth.
5. Pour the cheese mixture over the noodles and tuna. Toss gently. Transfer to the baking dish.
6. In a bowl combine the melted butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle them on top of the casserole. Bake the dish for 20 minutes or until it is bubbling and golden brown on top. Adapted from "Bake Until Bubbly"