|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||medium onion, finely chopped|
|3||cloves garlic, finely sliced|
|1 1/2||tablespoons coriander seeds, coarsely ground|
|2||small heads of cauliflower, leaves discarded, washed and thinly sliced|
|3||cups water or vegetable stock|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1 1/2||cups Greek-style yogurt (Fage Total brand is widely available)|
|2||tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro|
|Pinch of chili powder, or to taste|
1. In a soup pot over medium heat, heat the oil and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. Stir in the onion, garlic, and coriander seeds. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
2. Add the cauliflower and 1 1/2 cups of water or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and cover the pan. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. When the cauliflower is soft, add the remaining water or vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Puree the soup in a blender in batches and return it to the pot.
3. In a small skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over low heat until it browns and has a nutty aroma. Remove from the heat; set aside.
4. In a bowl, stir the egg yolk, cornstarch, salt, and pepper to form a smooth paste. Stir in the yogurt. Whisk the yogurt mixture into the soup. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls, and sprinkle with cilantro, chili powder, and a drizzle of brown butter. - Adapted from "Casa Moro"