|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|4||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||onion, thinly sliced|
|20||cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1/2||pound small green beans, trimmed at stem ends|
|2||cups corn kernels (cut from 4 ears)|
|1||cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender but still has some bite. Drain into a colander. Transfer to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and toss gently.
2. In a large deep skillet over medium low heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the onion softens.
3. Add the tomatoes, green beans, and corn. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until the green beans are tender but still bright green and the tomatoes are beginning to burst.
4. Add the pasta to the skillet and toss well.
5. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the basil, Parmesan, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. - Adapted from Chase's Daily