Serve these collards on their own or use them as a filling for quesadillas.
|Salt, to taste|
|2||large bunches collard greens|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|2||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|2/3||cup dark raisins|
|1/3||cup orange juice|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Remove the ribs from the collards. Rinse the leaves thoroughly; cut them into thin strips. Cook the collards in the boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened. Drain them and plunge them into a bowl of cold water. Drain again, gently pressing the greens against a colander to remove excess moisture.
3. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the garlic, stirring often, for 1 minute.
4. Add the collards, raisins, and salt. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
5. Add the orange juice and cook 15 seconds more. The collards should be bright green. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if you like.
Adapted from "Vegan Soul Kitchen"