|1||pound skinless boneless haddock or cod, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1/4||pound smoked salmon|
|1||small onion, chopped|
|1/2||cup heavy cream|
|3||tablespoons vegetable oil|
2. In a food processor, combine the haddock or cod, salmon, onion, and egg. Work the mixture until it is finely ground. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Stir in the cream, flour, salt, and pepper. Beat until smooth.
4. With a spoon, scoop up some of the mixture and use wet hands to shape it into balls. Transfer to the baking sheet. Cover loosely and chill for 30 minutes.
5. In a skillet, heat the oil. When it is hot, add the butter. Fry the fish balls over medium heat, turning until they are golden on all sides.
6. Lower the heat. Carefully add the water to the pan. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Adapted from Restaurant Turesen