Makes 4 (enough to serve 2)
Daniel Kenney, executive chef at the Belfry Inne & Bistro, prepares tacos with lobster, avocado, heirloom tomatoes, and aji chili.
|1||cooked lobster (1 1/2 pounds), meat removed from shell (for cooking instructions, see lobster rolls recipe)|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|Juice of 1 lime|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||tomatoes, seeded and diced|
|1||aji or jalapeno chili, finely chopped with seeds|
|1||small shallot, finely chopped|
|1||ear fresh corn, shucked and grilled|
|1/2||large ripe avocado|
|4||fresh flour tortillas (4 inches each)|
|1/4||head baby iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced|
2. In another bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, tomatoes, chili, shallot, salt, and pepper.
3. Cut the kernels from the corn. In a bowl, toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Peel, pit, and cut the avocado half into thin slices. Sprinkle with the remaining lime juice.
5. Set a large skillet over medium heat and heat until very hot. Cook each tortilla for 30 seconds on a side.
6. Set a tortilla on a plate. Add the lobster mixture, tomato mixture, corn, avocado, and lettuce. Roll up. Continue with the other tortillas. Adapted from The Belfry Inne & Bistro