|(From ‘The Gastrokid Cookbook’)|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||clove garlic, chopped|
|1/2||teaspoon garam masala|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/4||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||can (16 ounces) chopped tomatoes|
|1||cup coconut milk|
|Salt, to taste|
|1||sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced|
|2||large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced|
|2||cups extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1||bunch asparagus or green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Few sprigs fresh cilantro or parsley (for garnish)|
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Stir in the garam masala, cumin, and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, water, coconut milk, and salt. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil.
4. Add the sweet and Yukon Gold potatoes and bay leaf. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, adding more water if the mixture seems dry, or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add the tofu and asparagus or green beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until the asparagus or beans are tender. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if you like. Serve over rice, garnished with cilantro or parsley.
Adapted from “The Gastrokid Cookbook’’