Serves 4 with leftovers
|1||boneless pork loin (about 4 pounds)|
|1/4||cup soy sauce|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|1||jalapeno or other small chili pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped|
|1/4||cup spicy mustard|
|1||clove garlic, finely chopped|
2. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Have on hand a roasting pan and rack.
3. Line the pan with foil. Place the rack in the lined pan. Set the meat, fat side up, on the rack. Sprinkle with black pepper.
4. In a saucepan, combine the honey, jalapeno, or chili pepper, mustard, and garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Brush the meat with the honey mixture. Roast the meat for 1 hour, brushing with the honey mixture every 15 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reaches 140 degrees.
5. Turn the oven temperature up to 450 degrees. Glaze the meat again, and roast for 5 minutes. The glaze should be crispy and dark brown.
6. Set the meat in a warm place; the internal temperature will rise to 145 degrees. Cut into thick slices. Karoline Boehm Goodnick