|1/2||cup granulated sugar|
|1/2||cup light brown sugar|
|1/4||cup heavy cream|
|2||tablespoons buttermilk or milk|
|Pinch of salt|
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a hot, dry skillet, toast the pecans, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until they are aromatic. Cool and chop coarsely.
3. In a heavy saucepan, combine the granulated and brown sugar, cream, buttermilk or milk, and butter. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture forms a thick syrup (230 degrees on a candy thermometer).
4. Add the pecans and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 236 degrees on a candy thermometer.
5. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 4 minutes (212 degrees). Using the wooden spoon, stir vigorously for 90 seconds or until the mixture begins to look creamy and stiff.
6. Using a tablespoon, spoon the candy onto the parchment. Leave to cool completely.
Adapted from Heavenly Chocolate