|Juice of 3 limes|
|1||tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar|
|5||tablespoons Asian fish sauce|
|2||serrano chilies, thinly sliced|
|2||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|Salt, to taste|
1. In a small bowl combine the lime juice, rice vinegar, sugar, and water. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the fish sauce, chilies, garlic, and salt; set aside.
|1 1/2||pounds thin dried rice noodles or rice vermicelli|
|Leftover Vietnamese grilled pork meatballs|
|1||jalapeno pepper, sliced|
|2||carrots, sliced into matchsticks|
|1||cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced|
|2||cups fresh bean sprouts, rinsed|
|1||bunch cilantro, leaves only|
|Few sprigs fresh mint, leaves coarsely chopped|
|1||lime, cut into wedges|
1. In a large bowl, soak the rice noodles in warm water for 15 minutes; drain well. Divide the noodles among 4 large shallow bowls.
2. Slice the pork balls into thin rounds. Add some to each bowl.
3. Top with jalapenos, carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, cilantro, and mint. Pour a few tablespoons of nuoc cham over each bowl. Garnish with lime.