Makes about 36
|2 1/2||cups whole-wheat flour|
|1 1/2||teaspoons baking soda|
|1||cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|1/2||cup granulated sugar|
|1||cup brown sugar|
|2||teaspoons vanilla extract|
|2||cups semisweet chocolate chips|
1. Set the oven at 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt to blend them thoroughly.
3. In another large bowl, cream the butter until light. Add the granulated and brown sugars, and beat until mixture is fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Blend in vanilla.
5. Add the flour mixture gradually to the batter. Fold in the chips. (The dough will be quite stiff.)
6. Drop the dough by large spoonfuls onto the baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between the mounds.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Slide the parchment sheet with the cookies onto wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Adapted from Angela Dominick