|Juice of 1 lime|
|2||tablespoons sherry vinegar|
|1 1/2||teaspoons sugar|
|1/4||teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2||cup olive oil|
|1||shallot, finely chopped|
|1/2||jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped|
1. In a bowl, combine the lime juice, vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Slowly whisk in the oil.
2. Stir in the shallot and jalapeno.
|2||medium cucumbers, peeled|
|2||bunches fresh arugula (about 6 packed cups), stemmed|
|5||cups cubed watermelon|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh mint|
1. Using a regular or Y-shaped vegetable peeler, cut lengthwise ribbons of cucumber until you reach the seeds. Discard the seeded cores.
2. On a large platter, combine the arugula, cucumber, watermelon, and mint.
3. Whisk the dressing and spoon it lightly over the salad. Toss gently.
Adapted from Colicchio & Sons