|(Food Styling/Sheryl Julian And Catherine Smart; Wendy Maeda/Globe Staff)|
Serves 4, with leftovers
|4||large Yukon Gold or Yellow Finn potatoes|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2 1/2||pounds skinless boneless hake (or another firm-fleshed white fish such as pollock), cut into 8 pieces|
|2||scallions, finely chopped|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
1. Set the oven at 450 degrees. Oil a 13- to 14-inch baking dish large enough to hold the fish in one layer.
2. Using a mandoline or another hand-held slicing tool, cut the potatoes into very thin slices. Arrange them in the baking dish, sprinkling the layers with oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Roast the potatoes for 35 minutes or until they are tender and browning at the edges.
4. Meanwhile, sprinkle each piece of fish lightly with oil. Wrap each one with 2 overlapping pieces of prosciutto, tucking them under the fish. Set the fish on the potatoes in one layer. Sprinkle the prosciutto with oil.
5. Roast the fish for 15 to 20 minutes or until it is firm to the touch and cooked through. Set aside 3 pieces of fish and 1/4 of the potatoes for the chowder.
6. Use a wide metal spatula to serve each person fish and potatoes. Sprinkle with scallions and parsley.