|3||acorn squash, halved and seeded|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||stalk celery, chopped|
|1/2||cup pecans, toasted until golden and chopped|
|4||thick slices challah or other eggy bread, cut into 1-inch cubes, toasted until golden|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, sage, or parsley|
1. Set the oven at 375 degrees.
2. Make a tiny cut in the rounded sides of the squash so they sit flat.
3. In a skillet, melt the butter. Use half of the butter to brush the cut sides of the squash. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a roasting pan, roast the squash, cut sides up, for 40 minutes or until tender.
4. Add the onion and celery to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 8 minutes.
5. In a bowl, combine the pecans, bread cubes, onion mixture, salt, pepper, and thyme, sage, or parsley. Divide the mixture among the squash. Continue roasting for 20 minutes or until the stuffing is golden brown.