|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2||carrots, coarsely chopped|
|1||onion, coarsely chopped|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1/2||head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets|
|1/4||head cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|1||cup canned tomatoes, crushed in a bowl|
|3||cups chicken stock|
|Bone from cooked turkey breast|
|1/4||cup tiny soup pasta (ditalini, shells, flakes)|
|2||cups cooked vegetables from turkey, coarsely chopped|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
1. In a soup pot over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the carrots, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes.
2. Add the cauliflower, cabbage, and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
3. Add the water and stock and bring to a boil. Add the turkey bone, set on the cover askew, and simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Add the pasta and cooked vegetables to the pot. Let the soup return to a boil. Simmer, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. (Total simmering time is 1 hour.) Add more water, 1/2 cup at a time, if the soup seems thick.
5. Remove the turkey bone from the soup and shake off any vegetables that cling to it. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.