|(Sheryl Julian/Globe Staff)|
Roast salmon with caramelized cherry tomatoes
Serves 4 with leftovers
|2||pints cherry tomatoes, halved|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||piece (3 pounds) boneless salmon, cut from the thickest end|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh dill|
1. Turn on the broiler. In a roasting pan large enough to hold the salmon with plenty of room around it, spread out the cherry tomatoes.
2. Sprinkle the tomatoes with olive oil and toss with your hands. Add salt and pepper.
3. Broil the tomatoes for 5 minutes, shaking the pan several times, or until the tomatoes collapse and begin to caramelize at the edges.
4. Turn the oven down to 400 degrees.
5. Push the tomatoes to the sides of the pan. Set the salmon, skin side down, in the center of the pan. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast the salmon for 12 to 15 minutes (allow 10 minutes per inch, measured where the fish is thickest) or until it is cooked through and flakes with the touch of a knife.
6. Cut off one-third of the salmon and set it aside for salmon cakes. Cut the remaining salmon into 4 pieces. Set one on each of 4 plates and garnish with tomatoes and dill.