|Butter (for the pan)|
|2||teaspoons baking powder|
|3/4||cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter|
|2||cups light brown sugar|
|3||eggs, lightly beaten|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1||package (12 ounces) chocolate chips|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt to blend them.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the brown sugar until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture to the saucepan and blend thoroughly. Stir in the chips. Scrape the batter into the baking pan and smooth the top.
5. Bake the blondies for 30 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Make 5 horizontal cuts and 3 vertical cuts to form 24 pieces.
Adapted from Kate Wraight