|1||tablespoon canola oil|
|1||medium onion, finely chopped|
|2||tablespoons green curry paste|
|1||can (14 ounces) coconut milk|
|1||red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced into thin 2-inch strips|
|2||zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick|
|1||eggplant, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick|
|1||can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste|
|1||cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped|
|8||ounces frozen peas|
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds or until the paste is aromatic. Stir in the coconut milk until blended.
3. Add the bell pepper, zucchini, eggplant, bamboo, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, to coat the vegetables with the curry mixture. Cover the pan, lower the heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
4. Add the basil and peas. Cover and cook 5 minutes more.
5. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and cayenne, if you like.
Adapted from JJ Bistro and French Pastry