|1||cup jasmine rice|
|3||tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and still hot|
|1/4||teaspoon saffron threads|
|2||tablespoons sugar or honey|
|1/4||cup cashew or walnut halves|
|1/4||cup golden raisins|
1. In a heavy-based saucepan, combine the rice and enough water to cover it. Set aside for 1 hour.
2. Drain the rice thoroughly. Return it to the saucepan with the 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender when tasted.
3. Transfer the rice to a bowl; cover and keep warm.
4. In another wide bowl, combine the butter and saffron. With a fork, stir gently. Stir in the sugar or honey, then the rice, mixing without mashing the grains.
5. Blend in cashews or walnuts and raisins. Serve hot.