|(Food Styling/Sheryl Julian and Catherine Smart; Aram Boghosian for The Boston Globe)|
Serves 4 with leftovers
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
|1||shallot, finely chopped|
|1/4||cup plain nonfat yogurt|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1||teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|2||ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|5||sirloin strip steaks, each at least 1-inch thick (2 1/2 to 3 pounds total), trimmed of excess fat|
1. In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the shallot, stirring often, for 4 minutes; leave to cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, Worcestershire, blue cheese, and shallot. Add a generous pinch of pepper and a little salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
3. Light a charcoal grill or turn a gas grill to medium-high.
4. Let the steaks sit out for 30 minutes. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
5. Grill about 5 minutes on a side for medium-rare. Grill 2 minutes longer for medium meat. Transfer the steaks to a carving board and set aside for 5 minutes.
6. Cut the steaks into thick slices. Reserve about 8 slices of grilled steak for the noodle salad. Serve the steaks with blue cheese dressing.