|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1||pound small curled pasta shells or penne|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
|4||zucchini, halved lengthwise|
|3||yellow squash, halved lengthwise|
|2||red onions, cut into 6 pieces|
|2||pints cherry tomatoes|
|1/3||cup olive oil|
|1/2||bunch fresh basil, leaves chopped|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the pasta is cooked but still has some bite. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with oil, tossing the pasta until it is barely coated. Set aside to cool, tossing occasionally.
2. Light a charcoal grill or turn a gas grill to medium-high.
3. In a large bowl, sprinkle the zucchini, squash, onions, and tomatoes with enough oil to barely coat them. Add salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables on a vegetable rack for about 3 minutes on a side, or until cooked through. Watch the tomatoes carefully, turning them often; they should start to collapse.
4. Cut the zucchini, squash, and onion into 1/2-inch pieces. Add them to the pasta with the 1/3 cup olive oil and tomatoes.
5. In a bowl, whisk the vinegar and mustard. Add it to the salad with salt, pepper, and basil. Toss well.