|1||cup heavy cream|
|1||tablespoon confectioners’ sugar|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|2||pints fresh raspberries|
|1||tablespoon granulated sugar|
|8||macaroons or other crisp cookies, crushed|
1. Have on hand 4 stemmed glasses or custard cups or small bowls (1 cup capacity each).
2. In an electric mixer with a cold bowl with cold beaters, beat the cream until it starts to thicken slightly. Add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla and continue beating until the cream holds soft peaks. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand.
3. On a plate, mash 1 pint of raspberries with the granulated sugar. Fold the raspberries into the cream with the remaining whole raspberries just to streak the cream but not turn it pink.
4. Fold in the crushed cookies, saving a few crumbs for the top.
5. Divide the cream mixture among the glasses or cups. Add cookie crumbs to the top. Refrigerate until serving. Sheryl Julian