Creamy white beans and bright edamame are surprisingly compatible in this salad. Serve warm or at room temperature. It’s the perfect picnic side.
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||cups frozen edamame|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||ounces sliced prosciutto, coarsely chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1/4||teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste|
|1||can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh basil|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the edamame and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and cook the prosciutto, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until crispy.
3. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper and cook 1 minute more.
4. Add the edamame and white beans. Cook, stirring gently, for 1 minute or until just warmed through.
5. Stir in the parsley, basil, lemon, salt, and pepper. Taste for seasoning and add more salt or red pepper, if you like. Sprinkle with olive oil. Serve warm or at room temperature.