Pasta salad with grilled zucchini, tomatoes, and feta
|6||plum tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise|
|3||zucchini, halved lengthwise|
|4||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, parsley, or mint|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|8||ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 2 cups)|
|Handful of fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces|
|1||tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|Extra fresh basil leaves (for garnish)|
1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and zucchini with 2 tablespoons of the oil, fresh herb, salt, and pepper.
3. Set the vegetables cut sides down on the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until they have good grill marks. Turn and cook 4 minutes more or until tender. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool, then chop coarsely.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the penne and cook, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender but still has some bite. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl. Add the grilled vegetables and toss well.
5. Add the feta, basil, balsamic vinegar, and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil.