George Dickel died in 1894, but his legacy lives on. I have always been a fan of the Tennesse Whisky, but after just trying the recently released 5 year rye- well, it's on. 95% rye mash whisky (no corn at all, the remaining 5% is barley), chilled, charcoal filtered- spicy, caramel and oak, with cherry fruit notes- very dry.
Good solo, even better in a Manhattan.
Its journey is a bit different from the sour mash whisky- distilled and aged in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, then true to house pedigree, onto sugar maple filtering in Tullahoma, Tennessee. 45% ABV, about $25 in stores.
The author is solely responsible for the content.