The influential cookbook author and television personality would have celebrated her centennial today, Aug. 15. After the musical interlude, you'll find some selected readings to help you mark the occasion. Bon appetit!
- Food editor Sheryl Julian's memories of Julia.
- A review of a new biography by Bob Spitz, "Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child."
- For young chefs in the Boston area, Child's influence lingers.
- Behind the scenes with Julia.
- An annual feast inspired by her.
- A chance meeting in the supermarket aisles.
- Events celebrating Child's 100th.
What's cooking in the world of food.
ContributorsSheryl Julian, the Globe's Food Editor, writes regularly for the Food section.
Devra First is the Globe's food reporter and restaurant critic. Her reviews appear weekly in the Food section.
Ellen Bhang reviews Cheap Eats restaurants for the Globe and writes about wine.