Celebrity Sundae ContestOfficial Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited.
Celebrity Sundae Contest (the "Contest") starts on August 8, 2011 at 12:00:01 pm ET and ends on August 19, 2011 at 11:59:59 ET ("Entry Period"). Judges and Sponsors decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Contest at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Contest is open to legal residents of the Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of submission. Employees of The Boston Globe, Boston.com (collectively the "Sponsor"), J.P. Licks (Prize Providers) and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies, and members of their immediate family (defined as spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter, during the Entry Period complete an official entry form at www.boston.com (Contest Site) and upload a photograph, video and/or an essay describing a recipe you think best represents a notable Boston celebrity and why you think it best describes that celebrity and follow the on-screen instructions to submit an Entry. One Entry permitted per day per person. Limit of one prize per Entry. All Entries must be received no later than 11:59 am ET on August 19, 2011 and become the sole property of the Sponsor upon receipt by Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Each Entry must comply with the following Guidelines:
i. The Entry may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
ii. The Entry must be the Entrants original work, created solely by the Entrant, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
iii. If any persons appears in the Entry, the Entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to sending the Entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Entry by Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules. If any person appearing in any Entry is under the age of majority in their state, country or province of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
iv. The Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than the Entrant. Should the Entrant include personally identifiable information about him/herself in his/her Entry, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such information will be disclosed publicly and Entrant is solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
v. Entrants may not be, nor may Entrant work with parties in conjunction with their Submissions, who: 1) are represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor's ability to display the Submissions in any media form; 2) have an acting or modeling contract that would make their appearance in the Submission a violation of any third party rights; of 3) are under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prohibit them from participating fully in this Contest, or from allowing Sponsor to use royalty-free, the Submissions worldwide in all media in perpetuity.
vi. The Entry must not contain any commercial content or logos except for the Sponsors.
vii. The Entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by the Entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties. By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. By submitting your Entry to Boston.com, you grant Boston.com and The Boston Globe a royalty-free license to publicly display, reproduce, and use the photographs contained in your Entry in any form or media for any and all editorial and related promotional purposes in perpetuity. However, you will retain the copyright to your photo(s) and Boston.com and The Boston Globe will not sell your photo(s). You also warrant that the photo is your original work, does not violate the copyright or any other personal or property right of any third party, and you have obtained any and all releases and permissions necessary for Sponsors intended use(s). You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of any Entry by third parties. Released Parties also do not guarantee the posting of any Entry.
JUDGING PHASE. Immediately following the Entry Period, Phase One will take place. In Phase One, a panel of staff members from Boston.com Features Department will judge all eligible Entries received and select the top three (3) Entries scoring each Entry on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest). Judging will be based on the originality of overall creation based on how the ingredients reflect the celebrity they are describing and how the ingredients are used. The three (3) Entries with the highest total score (the "Finalists") will move on to Phase Two. In the case of a tie, in Phase One the Entries involved in the tie with the highest score will all move on to Phase Two. Sponsor reserves the right not to award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Phase Two: The Finalists will attend a live event at J.P. Licks at 352 Newbury Street, Boston MA 02115 during the week of August 22, 2011 for a taste test. A maximum of Four (4) local notable judges will score each Finalist on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the lowest). Judging will be based and weighed on the following criteria: Creativity of ingredients combination and reflection of Boston notable (40 %), Taste (30%), and Looks (how good does the sundae look to eat) (30 %). The Entry with the highest total score will be declared the winner. In the case of a tie, in Phase Two the Entry involved in the tie with the highest score in Taste will be declared the winner.
6. POTENTIAL FINALIST NOTIFICATION: Judges and Sponsors decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The Potential Finalists will be notified on August 19, 2011 by telephone (messages will not be left on machines) with a follow up email. Potential Finalists will be required to respond to notice no later than 7:00 pm (EST) and may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier. Failure to respond to the phone call and/or email notification by 7:00 p.m. on Friday will be grounds for Sponsors disqualification of a Finalist. Failure to sign requested documentation, the inability of Sponsor to contact a Potential Finalist within the noted time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any Potential Finalist will result in disqualification and, at Sponsors sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up.
8. PRIZE: Grand Prize Winner's sundae will be placed on the J.P. Licks' menu chain wide for a period of six (6) months (September 2011 through February, 2012) and will receive a J.P. Licks Cow Gift Card loaded with loaded with 30 small ice creams, 30 small coffees and seven small sundaes each valued at $212. First Prize (1): First prize will receive a J.P. Licks Cow Gift Card loaded with 30 small ice creams, 30 small coffees and seven small sundaes each valued at $212. Second Prize (1): Will receive a J.P. Licks Cow Gift Card loaded with 14 small sundaes, ice creams and coffees. A $160 value. Gift cards expire in one (1) year from issue and are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuers.
Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. You may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. You are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. If for any reason any activity relating to the Phase Two or portion thereof is canceled or postponed, the balance of that Prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of the Prize. Prize Provider reserves right to change dates.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Providers, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, Released Parties) from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys fees), injuries, liability (including settlements), losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrants participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize (including any travel/activity related thereto) and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. By participating, entrant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Contest without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
10. MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize, the incorrect uploading of the Photos, Videos or Essays or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsors sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential Finalists from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Boston, Massachusetts. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Massachusetts and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Massachusetts. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. Request for Winners List: For a list of winners (available after 8/30/2011), send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope by 10/1/2011 to: Celebrity Sundae Contest Winner, a/o Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125.
Sponsor. Boston.com 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125
Prize Provider: J.P. Licks 352 Newbury Street Boston MA 02115
Print/Online/TV Disclosures NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Subject to Official Rules. For Official Rules and how to enter visit www.boston.com. Open to legal residents of ME, NH, MA, RI, VT and CT who are at least 18 year of age at time of entry. Contest ends 8/19/11. Void where prohibited.. Limit 1 entry per day/person. Entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm ET on 8/19/2011. For winner list send a SASE to:
Boston.coms Celebrity Sundae Contest Winner List, c/o Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125. Sponsor: Boston.com, 135 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125.