When a city inspector went to the Clover restaurant in East Cambridge last Friday, she found spoiled cauliflower in a refrigerator, hummus and various salads coming back from food trucks at improper temperatures, and the manager not satisfactorily supervising operations at the back of the facility.
That inspection was sparked by an outbreak of food poisoning among some of Clover’s customers, which also led the city to shut the restaurant indefinitely, as well as the chain’s Harvard Square location and a food truck in Kendall Square, according to a report provided to the Globe. The chief executive then decided to close the other two restaurants and nine food trucks in the popular Clover Food Lab chain, which all are supplied by the East Cambridge kitchen. Full story for BostonGlobe.com subscribers.
Deborah Kotz can be reached at email@example.com.